Welcome from the Headteacher
As an oversubscribed Catholic school, founded by the Daughters of Jesus, which places Christ at the centre of all that we do, our commitment to the pastoral care, academic achievement and spiritual development of your child is paramount. We are determined that every pupil who joins our school community is able to use their God given talents, to achieve their full potential. As a school we strive for academic excellence and a fulfilment of our calling through our Baptism to bring the love of God to all we encounter.
Working in partnership with parents, our staff are highly trained and committed professionals who offer your child a place of learning where teachers and support staff:
- Know and value them as individuals
- Are interested in their progress in all that they do
- Offer academic, pastoral and spiritual support
- Give up-to-date and relevant advice and guidance to support their needs, aspirations and passions, to aid them on their journey into adulthood
- Nurture a love and thirst for learning with a broad and balanced curriculum enriched by experiences beyond the classroom
- Present opportunities to use their talents and interests to support others
- Instil in them a deep understanding of our Christian values such as compassion, justice and forgiveness and a commitment to the Common Good
- Help them to nurture and deepen their faith, seeing the world as a place where they can make a significant contribution
- Provide them with all they need to be the best version of themselves
- Celebrate their successes, however big or small
Every child, your child, is a unique child of God gifted to their family and community. Our calling at St Joan of Arc is to support parents in enabling their children to experience the fullness of human flourishing and to live a life of loving Christ and inspiring others.
It is a privilege to be the Headteacher at St Joan’s and I invite you to learn more about us, by visiting the rest of the website and seeing us in school.
Mrs Bernadette O’Hanlon MA, FCCT
Pupils feel happy, safe and valued, whatever their background, within the Catholic identity of this school.
Ofsted, October 2023
There is a real sense of community at St Joan of Arc with relationships throughout the school based on the highest levels of care.
Catholic Schools Inspectorate, May 2023