16-19 Tuition Fund
The purpose of this statement is to set out how St Joan of Arc Catholic School will use its 16 to 19 tuition fund allocation to support students who have been academically disadvantaged due to COVID-19.
How the School will use the 16 to 19 Tuition Fund
The 16 to 19 Tuition Fund will be used to provide small group tuition for students aged 16 to 19 who have not yet achieved a grade 5 or above in English and/or maths. The provision will not be limited to tuition for English and maths: it will also be used to support students on vocational courses where assessments have been disrupted because of lockdown. Students with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) who require additional tuition to help them catch up with their studies will also be supported by this provision.
Tuition groups will be scheduled in addition to their timetabled hours for the academic year 2020/21. Tuition and additional support may be delivered using a blend of online and face-to-face delivery.
Examples of the tuition support on offer:
- GCSE exam re-sit preparation
Tuition Support offered will be based on an individuals’ needs assessment. The support will have an identification of a starting point, clear learning goals, expectations and outcomes.
The School is committed to ensuring that the tuition fund is used in accordance with the Government’s guidance on the 16 to 19 tuition fund by:
- producing this statement setting out how the fund will be used to support the most disadvantaged students
- publishing this guidance on the School website
- recording the use of the fund, including: recording who receive support; the needs of those students; the number of hours of tuition delivered and attendance
- deliver the extra tuition and spend the allocated funds in the academic year 2020/21
- notify the Education Skills Funding Agency (ESFA) of any underspend from the Fund for it to be reclaimed