This Applied Qualification is designed to form the substantial part of your study programme as it has the same value and engagement time as 2 A levels. Your overall programme will include another A Level to support progression into university, an apprenticeship or the world of work.
Please follow the link below where you can find our current entry requirements for this course:
OVERVIEW OF COURSE
With a track record built over 30 years of learner success, BTEC Nationals are widely recognised by industry and higher education as the signature vocational qualification at Level 3.
BTEC students are provided with opportunities to develop their communication and interpersonal skills as they progress through the course. This can be via presentations and discussions in which students will have the opportunity to express their ideas and opinions.
The BTEC Level 3 Diploma is broadly equivalent to 2 A Levels. The programme aims to provide students with an in depth understanding of the operations and structures of businesses and also to equip students with the skills required to succeed in employment or at university. The course will involve businesses in the public, private and voluntary sectors.
On this highly relevant and skill-instilling course, students cover a range of topics essential in the business world today. The course is a combination of both coursework and examinations and a student will study eight units, three of which are external examinations, over the two year course including:
- Exploring Business (coursework). Students will study purposes of different businessess, their structure, the effect fo the external environment, and how a business must be dynamic and innovative to survive.
- Developing a Marketing campaign (external examination). This unit will provide students with the necessary skills required to be successful in the field of marketing.
- Personal and Business Finance (external examination). This unit will look at how individuals and businesses must manage their money in order to survive.
- Recruitment and Selection Process (coursework). This unit will look at how employees are one of the most important resources in any business, It will look at how businesses attract and select the best people to work for them.
Students will be expected to complete assignments at home and work in class. There are also exams in the course that are taken in January and May.
The course will equip you well to start a career in business where employers value both your actual learning and the degree of independent learning and problem solving ability you will have gained during the course. There are also a wide variety of business courses at university for which this course is a perfect foundation. This course is also ideal for progression onto a higher level apprenticeship such as Accounting, Business Management or HR.
- Practical application of business concepts and understanding of theories and concepts
- Data analysing skills: ability to manipulate data in a variety of forms and to interpret results
- Presenting skills: ability to present arguments, making judgements and justified recommendations
- Problem solving and decision making using appropriate business tools and methods
- Planning work, taking into account the demands of the task and the time available to complete it
- Conducting research into a specific theme in preparation for one or more tasks