We provide three recommended pathways of study that are determined by a student's prior attainment at GCSE. The following provides guidance for each pathway. However, applicants should also consider the specific Subject Entry Requirements which can be found in the Entry Requirements tab below.
- 4 A Level Pathway: 6 GCSEs at grade 8 or above.
Students will select 4 A Level courses to study.
- 3 A level Pathway: 6 GCSEs at grade 5 or above.
Students will select 3 A Level courses to study.
- Combination Pathway: 5 GCSEs at grade 5 or above.
Students following the combination pathway will select either 2 A Levels plus a single award Level 3 Applied qualification or, 1 A level plus a double award Level 3 Applied qualification.
All students are required to achieve a Grade 4 in both English and Maths for entry in to the Sixth Form.
SUBJECT ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
|Applied Music 1||6|
|Applied Sport and PE 2||5|
|Art and Design||7|
|Digital Photography 3||5|
|Drama and Theatre||6||5|
|English Literature 4||6||6|
|Film Studies 5||5|
|Government and Politics 6||6|
1 Applied Music - also required a Grade 5 in performance
2 Applied Sport and PE - Grade 5 in PE preferred but not essential
3 Digital Photography - Grade 6 in Art preferred but not essential
4 English Literature - Grade 6 in both English Literature and English Language required
5 Film Studies - Grade 5 in both English Literature and English Language required
6 Government and Politics - also required a Grade 6 in History
7 Psychology - a Grade 5 in a Science is also desirable.
- Please note that the subjects we offer may change and will be dependent on the number of students who enrol on the course.
- Should a subject reach capacity, priority may be given to applicants based on GCSE grades.